Children ages four-five, children must be potty trained
At The Saint Thomas Episcopal Preschool we understand that your child’s readiness for kindergarten is of the utmost importance. In our Pre-K program we prepare our students with a curriculum that focuses on language development, simple math, science activities, self-help skills, fine/gross motor development, enriched social skills, and sharpened attention spans. Building on the skills taught in our Twos Program, your child will be more independent, ready for a more structured schedule, and ready to learn to their full potential.
Socialization is key to your child’s success in kindergarten and beyond. Our center based activities encourage children to problem solve and work in small groups with their peers. All of our activities are supervised by a teacher who facilitates these interactions. Children learn to interact in a positive way, and express themselves to their teachers and one-another.
At STEP our classrooms are equipped with the necessary components to prepare your child for their future endeavors. We have manipulatives, engage in cooking projects, conduct science experiments, have seat time for math and writing practice, and as a reward for our “Star of the Week,” we send each child home with Mr. Bear for the weekend.
At the end of the school year your child will be ready for kindergarten. They’ll be more independent, and ready to socialize with other students. They’ll have learned self-help skills, fine/gross motor development, cognitive skills, enriched social skills, and have lengthened attention spans.
A typical day in our Pre-K program:
- The first hour is spent playing at designated centers followed by outside play time.
- When the students come back inside they participate in circle time activities including: calendar, weather, patterning, counting, classroom jobs, pledge and prayer, followed by seat work. During seat work students practice their writing and math skills.
- Snack Time.
- “Theme Circle” which includes activities such as songs and books based around the theme of the week/month.
- The students have a choice of centers and art work.
- Outside play again.
- Sharing and closing circle time.
I’ve worked in ECE for ten years including working with children who have special needs. I love seeing children reach new milestones, and witnessing young children’s excitement and passion for learning. My background is in special education so I believe I have a strong sense and understanding of children’s developmental stages. I make every effort to view the children as individuals and adapt learning to their needs. My favorite part of the day is interacting with the children in a fun learning environment through hands on and traditional learning experiences.
I have 35 years experience teaching children ages two-six in both preschool and kindergarten. I’m passionate about helping children develop a love for books, and teaching them skills to learn to read. The Pre-K class start to use phonics and are able to read short words by the end of the school year. I love watching children grow and learn as they prepare for elementary school. I love working with children more than any job I’ve ever held, and will continue to do so as long as I can.
What We Offer
- Early Care & Education for Toddlers (two to three years), Preschool (three to four years) and Pre-kindergarten (four to five years)
- Full & half day programs
- Flexible schedules
- Toilet training
- Learning with an emphasis on Christian Values
- Weekly Chapel presentations
- Kindergarten readiness program
- Enrichment programs available for an additional cost: Amazing Athletes,
- Busy Bee Dance, and Busy Bee Tumbling
- Nutritious Snacks
- Trained, professional staff
- Excellent child-teacher ratios
- Discounts available for parishioners, active military, first responders, hospital employees and Pechanga employees
- Themed-based Curriculum